Coastal Camden Funeral Home was established in 1956 by Mr. Elmer E. Wainwright and was originally located at 580 East King Avenue in Kingsland. The funeral home was known at the time as Wainwright Funeral Home and remained so until Mr. Wainwright’s untimely death in 1977.
In 2009, a purchase agreement was established between Newbridge Group, who owned the funeral home at that time, and Steven Smith, the managing director of the funeral home, at the time known as Edo Miller Funeral Home, since April 2007. Afterwards, the decision was made to rename the funeral home Coastal Camden. Our family and staff bring a commitment to successfully carrying forward the values and traditions that Camden, Charlton, Glynn, and surrounding county citizens want in their funeral home.